- 24/7 BTEX monitoring in plant air inlet
Other Semiconductor Applications
- Monitoring purified CO2 feedstock on VOC presence
- NMTHC measurement in N2 with total-FID
- Other VOCs
- Continuous purity checks on feedstock gases
- Process gas monitoring
- Measuring filter efficiencies
- Impurities influence production quality rates
Wafer production facility (United States)
The project was done for one of the largest semiconductor foundry companies in the world. In cleanrooms an ultra clean air is required, essentially treated through HEPA or ULPA filters and other methods for air purification.
VOCs are not always efficiently removed through these methods, especially when traffic on the site is involved, which can cause unwanted fluctuations of VOC presence in the cleanrooms.
Solution & Results
The customer was offered Synspec BTEX instrument for continuous monitoring of the air inlets. This enabled the plant to adapt the air inlet, according to the actual VOC concentration levels. The device has been running smoothly since the commissioning, and has been easy to maintain.